I’m just incredibly ecstatic about this! I can’t believe I actually got nominated for the Liebster Award! This is a great way to discover new blogs and and make them more recognised in the community.
Thanks to everyone who follows this blog! You guys are awesome!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year it’s optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Answer questions posted by the person who nominated you & ask your nominees to answer some questions
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Comment on my post letting me know you’ve accepted your nomination & leave a comment on GlobalAussie‘s blog post about Liebster award 2017 letting him know you’ve received a nomination
- Most importantly – have fun, this is a great way to get your blog out there, discover new blogs & help other bloggers out!
Who nominated me?
The absolutely amazing, wonderful and lovely Nabila! Y’all, go follow her blog because it is AWESOME. That is all-caps AWESOME for you, folks. She posts book reviews, book merch, book discussions – it’s the perfect place for us bibliophiles to check out. It’s one of the first blogs I followed, and definitely one of the friendliest.
What’s my favourite blog?
This blog, and the person behind this blog, is actually very special to me because they’re who got me into blogging! That would be mybookishbabblings, run by Rebekah! I just love her reviews; they’re realistic, they’re fun to read, and if she’s enthusiastic about a book, you bet you’ll be feeling that enthusiasm! You’ll also find those posts with events that have happened to her, and I’m always so excited to read them. A recent one is when she met Sarah J. Maas! That’s got to be one of my favourite posts, because you could practically feel her excitement and I was so happy for her! She’s also dedicated an entire page to book recommendations, which is honestly perfect, since a lot of people love reading but have no idea what to pick up next. Over there you can find fantasy, classics, dystopian, contemporary…not to mention, there’s a list of recommended booktubers to watch, and bookish shops to check out! Plus, she’s a great photographer. I mean, just take a look at her bookstagram. I’m in love. 😍
10 random facts about me:
Prepare for a bundle of weirdness coming up!
- I talk a lot. A lot a lot.
- I absolutely adore cats and really wish I could adopt one!
- I love travelling, discovering new places, learning about cultures, and learning new languages!
- Macarons are my favourite dessert, no contest. Or, well, tiramisu comes as a close second.
- I love coffee, along with anything coffee-flavoured/coffee-scented.
- I’m a huge history nerd, and I’m always looking for more info! I’m deeply interested in the Hundred Years War, Victorian Era, French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars, and the American Revolutionary War.
- If I finish a really good book, I just sit there and hug it. Yeah, I’m a weirdo.
- I’m a sucker for pretty covers and will buy a book solely for its cover at times.
- The Percy Jackson series is my childhood, and Uncle Rick will always be one of my favourite authors.
- I love pastel colours, especially mint.
Your favourite book and why?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, for sure. It’s a book everyone should read-I just loved the characters and how realistic and endearing they were, the writing, the powerful message behind the plot…everything!
The happiest moment of your life?
Hm, that’s a hard one…I would say, whenever I make someone happy, or whenever someone says, “You made my day,”-that would be one of the happiest moments of my life.
Kind lies or brutal truths?
I’d like to pick the first option, but I wouldn’t want to be living a lie, so brutal truths-although I know they would hurt.
Do you believe in the concept of an after-life?
Yes, I do.
Something you’re really passionate about, besides reading, of course?
Writing and photography!
A person you really admire and why?
My awesome, wonderful, hella badass big sister in everything but blood, ’cause she got me into writing and is always supportive and never stops believing in me and just AAHH THERE’S TOO MUCH TO SAY. You know exactly who you are. 😊
Your biggest dream?
Honestly, if I ever publish a book, I would go crazy-happy. Not even normal happy. Crazy happy.
Your worst fear?
I have a lot of fears, but I think they ultimately all mean one thing: the unknown. So yep, I think my worst fear is the unknown.
10 people (dead or alive) you would invite to dinner?
- My big sis (we’re gonna stuff our faces with fancy food)
- My little bro (’cause he’s a huge foodie)
- Einstein (“Hi, hello-I would like to murder you for coming up with all this stuff I have to learn in physics. No, I do not care that you are already dead.”)
- Leigh Bardugo (“Hi, I love you, you’re awesome, THANK YOU FOR WRITING BOOKS.”)
- Rick Riordan (“Yo, Uncle, I hate you for the suffering you put my babies through, but I love your books, so…”)
- Rebekah (let’s fangirl and cry together)
- Shakespeare (“Yo, we have phones and TVs now!” “…”)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (*sobs* “I WON’T EVER THROW AWAY MY SHOT.”)
- Daveed Diggs (I would just explode or something.)
- My history teacher (He no longer teaches me but HE’S STILL AWESOME. Who else is supposed to act out scenes in class and crack cheesy jokes now?!)
What is the last lie you told?
“Just one more chapter.”
Questions for the nominees!
- If you could only read only one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
- Let’s say you now have a time machine-to which era would you travel to?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? Or would you rather stick to your current name?
- Favourite song and why?
- What’s a quality you admire/appreciate in others?
- What language would you like to learn?
- If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do?
- If you could teleport to anywhere in the world, where would you teleport to and why?
- Name three things you like about yourself.
Blogs I’m nominating:
my bookish babblings (Rebekah)
Littera Scripta Manet (Andie)
Book Blogging for Fun (Tiara)
Tsundoku Girl Reads (Rhianna)